P&I covers Owners against claims in relation to people, the environment, third party property and for the care and carriage of cargo including GA. In an increasingly hostile environment against shipowners secure coverage with professionals is essential for the modern shipowner.
Cover under the Liability Class for shipowners is broken down into three main areas:
LIABILITIES RELATING TO PEOPLE
(Section A of the policy)
- Members of the crew
- Third persons
- Stowaways, refugees and persons rescued at sea
- Diversion costs
- Life salvage
LIABILITIES RELATING TO PROPERTY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
(Section B of the policy)
- Loss or damage to property not on board the ship
- Loss or damage to property on board the ship
- Collision with other ships
- Damage to other ships (other than by collision)
- Special compensation to salvors
- Wreck Liabilities
- Cargo Liabilities
LIABILITIES RELATING TO OTHER MATTERS
(Section C of the policy)
- General Average
- Enquiry expenses
- Expenses incurred by direction of the Insurer
- Legal costs and sue and labour
- Owners’ excess P&I war risks cover
To download a copy of our Inland Craft Brochure please click on this link.
DROP US A LINE
Since its establishment in 2013, Carina has been offering fixed P&I insurances for small ship owners. We have developed a range of products that cover both your insurance needs and legal assistance.
Our focus on the niche sector enables us to provide customised service solutions that address your unique requirements. Call us or compete the enquiry form below for more information.